Sunday, February 7, 2010

Some things for me, something for you

Some lovely things I have been given...


Thankyou to Jolie for these beautiful things.... The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook and some hand dyed yarn. Jolie also kindly sent some extra yarn and bamboo needles. For a girl who wears woollen socks to bed all year round (tragic but true!), I am very grateful.

I'm not sure how I met Jolie but I love visiting her place, Tropical Soup. Aside from the gorgeous photos and cute things she makes, I often find myself laughing because it's funny OR because I am a little scared at the adventures her twins get up to. Hmmmm, fun things for me to look forward to! Jolie is very sweet... why not pop over and say hi.


Thank you also to Kelly for the voucher at Retro Mummy I won in her giveaway. As a very thrifty crafter, being able to buy myself some beautiful fabrics was a real treat. Thankyou so much Kelly.

And now something for you. I have one of Bettsy Kingston's new patterns, the Far Away Tunic to giveaway. Bettsy has a range of patterns you can see here. To win this pattern, all you need to do is leave a ONE WORD comment describing your weekend. Why weekend and why only one word? Well, it's Sunday afternoon and why not! I'll draw the winner on Friday 12th Feb.


Hope your one word for this weekend is a good one. xxx


**GIVEAWAY CLOSED.... Congratulations to Sarah who won!***

31 comments:

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

LUCKY you!!! Have fuin- can't wait to see the results from all that stash

Becky said...

Transitional.

We found the block, thought about the changes a move would bring and decided they would be worth the effort in the long run.

We are going to start negotiations tomorrow to try to buy the farm and move with the children to an unpowered rural, isolated block :)

Renee G said...

mundane

rsgrandinetti@yahoo(DOT)com

Tania said...

Upsidedowninsideoutallovertheplace.

Yep, one of those.

Sock knittering, huh?

dillpickle said...

Restorative.

Can't limit to only one word though, because....I never knew you were a sock knitter!! I think sock knitters are very cool and clever. I have dreams of becoming one...

Allison said...

Unproductive.

Tanya said...

Well, aren't you full of news?!
Are you serious- knitted socks to bed rain, hail or shine? I can't stand things on my feet, including shoes which is abit unfortunate.
My weekend? Sleepy

It's one word, just not a one word comment!

Snooze said...

Vintage.

Which stands for op shop, jumble sale, yummy goodness.

A great weekend.

PS Can't wait to see the socks you make.

yardage girl said...

Brill!

New pergola roof, nice food, nice weather, nice family ... brill!

MooBear Designs said...

Vegetabling... in every essence of the word. I made it up but that's the word.

What pretty fabric Hun... can you incorporate them into the sock project? hehe Congrats on some wonderful wins!! Once again blog land is just a great place to hang out sometimes!!

xo Steph

Rachael @Mogantosh said...

Karaoke!

(that exclamation mark implies all the unsaid: hens weekend, holiday house, old friends, champagne cocktails, hysteria.)

Kate said...

Produce market!
I know that's 2 words but I am far too tired to work out a clever way of making it into one.
I hope you had a great weekend. X

Unknown said...

Thinking!

adrienne said...

Surprising.

Rebecca said...

Sweet.

Jolie said...

sleepy.

(sounded marginally better than *lethargic* or *mucked-around-so-much-we-lost-both-days!)

You're entirely too sweet...and I knew we were meant to be friends...fellow sock wearer reporting in! :)

Isis said...

getaway

Kylie said...

WET!!!

Sally said...

enliven

Sandrine said...

Birthdayetc!

Oh yes and there is soooo much in the etc:)10, 10 years old little terrors sleeping together and 10 million giggles, and voices and cupcakes, and sugar over dose past 10 pm not all of them wanting to agree on the movie they All of them decided on and etc goes on...Do I sound like a overworked mummy?!:)

Your seem to have collected some lovely crafty to keep you warm happy and creative!
xx

Anonymous said...

Relief....

Not only did the police find my hubby's motorbike that was stolen last week, they found the scumbag who stole it!

Renae

Pippi creates said...

Cleaning...

A bit sad I know, but rewarding now I can look around and know some of those fiddly little jobs are done!

anna said...

sewing
a.hummingbird4@gmail.com

Sarah said...

Just a little note in... I also wear sock in bed!!!!!

But I have never knitted a pair - looks to way scary.

Great three day weekend here! I know not one word!

barb's creations said...

finished!

Finally finished one of the four BOM's I started doing last year.Only three more to go.....:0) Barb.

sewing the seeds of love said...

frantic!

Miss Muggins said...

Clean.

My vacuum cleaner decided to work again, after a couple of weeks break!

Leah said...

Sewjourn

Gill said...

RUGBY

six nations and a win!!

gill

slowinsydney said...

phew!

Treacle Beak said...

Got some exciting creations coming up, Nik. Have fun!