Thursday, June 11, 2009

Bib-a-thon

I remember taking part in a Walk-a-thon at primary school. We had to walk laps of the school oval and ask people to sponser us per lap to raise money for the school. Well I feel like I have just completed a Bib-a-thon!


I have been cringing when hanging my babies' bibs on the line recently. After many months of vomit, dribble and food, they are disgusting. Revolting even. Ok, they are ferral. I feel like a trashy mother when I put them on the kids. So I got busy and sewed like a trashy mother trying to redeem herself.

I morphed the good parts of the bibs I have to make my own simple pattern....
  • good size
  • snap clip (not velcro that gets stuck to everything in the wash.. agghhh)
  • cute fabric
  • towelling back

So now, we now have 22 crisp, new, clean bibs, ready to be vomited on! Imagine if I was able to get the kids to sponsor me per bib... at say $100 per bib... imagine..!!!!!

16 comments:

Cathie said...

WOW, you are on fire!
great work, don't be discouraged...they will get vomited on pretty quick.

Bee said...

They look great. I think I will definitely try and make my own bibs in the future, too. The velcro annoys me too, and mine are all stained up as well.

Sandrine said...

Oh you made me laugh with the bib-A-thon!!There you go now you can start a bib-a-thon factory!!Love the cute fabrics...well done;)

flickettysplits said...

Oh, they look lovely! And I wholeheartedly agree with the strategy of having nice things, even if they will get vomited on. We all need little moments of beauty in our daily life.

Anonymous said...

They look fantastic! I feel even more guilty about my little boys feral bibs now... it's amazing how quickly they get in that state. You're setting a very high standard here!!

Peta @ Pippiwillow said...

Seriously! When/How have you found the time? Do you sleep? How are your "embroiderer's fingers" coping post 'bib-a-thon'?

Treacle Beak said...

I agree, your babies' bibs were ferral, you trashy mother, you. These look terrific ... still don't know how you get the time to do all the stuff you do.

polly pratt said...

These look fantastic:)

CurlyPops said...

Gorgeous! All bubbas look better in handmade bibs.

Unknown said...

Yay now they can chuck all day and have a clean one for each . Seriously your pretty clever and SO many !

Melinda @ Here We Go Loopy Lou said...

This makes me laugh! I thought I was the only one who cringes when I hang out bibs on the line! Lovely.

Sandra @ Pepperberry & Co. said...

That's awesome! You're like a bibathon production line. i would never let anyone vomit on something so pretty :-)

Anonymous said...

that is amazing to sew soooo many they look fab, you have been so busy the onesies look great and are such a great idea!!!

ittybittyandpretty said...

i always remember my sister spraying exit mould on her childrens clothes... i was mortified until i had bibs! i must admit i would throw mine away when they got too manky but i bet the exit mould worked a treat :o)
yours are smashing
smooches rosey

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What a production line!! Love the new bibs/

Tania said...

Did you say TWENTY TWO? Awe. That's what I'm in. Awe. (at your skills, staying power and sheer volume of vomit).