Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cot Danglies

I wanted to put something in my babies' cots for them to look at and touch in the times when they wake up early or are trying to go to sleep. Being highly aware of the safety issues associated with SIDS, I played around and came up these "Cot Danglies".


They are each a different shape and have a different texture so they are interesting to touch, and are filled with wadding. I sewed a wipes packet into the square to get a crinkly feel.


I put elastic in the cord so they can be pulled and will bounce back, and they are attached to the cot with a big bit of velcro that needed a man's strength to break (yes, we tested this!).



They are just a simple little thing, but they do the job!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for the fact that they work really well - my twins are lucky enough to have a couple in their cots and they love them! Just another example of how wonderfully creative and talented you are. X totem

Karen said...

These are a great idea!
Fabulous to do the different textures.

Philigry said...

those are so cute.

Christina Lowry said...

What a great idea! I think my little one is going to be jealous...
:)

Sandrine said...

Great home made idea! :)

Tania said...

Goodness I wish I had my crafty act together a lot sooner than a year or two ago - all those possibilities I let slip by! I think every wee one should have a cot dangly!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

What a fun and clever idea. They look great.

Lou said...

They are cute - great idea putting the wipes packet inside - I'm sure that's a new one!

Nikki said...

What a super-duper idea!! Loving it!