Saturday, April 11, 2009

The girls turned 1

Totem's girls turned one today. A first birthday is a reason to celebrate but especially for these girls who were born very premmie and had to work hard to get healthy. Remembering how they once looked so little and delicate, it was great to see them today.... happy, healthy 1 year olds.

For their birthday, I finished two of my top secret projects. I made the girls flannel lined sleep sacks and fabric letters spelling their names for the end of their cots. To finish off the present, I made cards by embroidering a felt balloon on one, and a felt birthday present on the other.

There were a few hiccups along the way but as with any sort of project, it was good learning and mistakes I (hopefully...) wont make again. I'll write more details of sleep sacks and letters in future posts.....


No comments: