Friday, March 20, 2009

Don't forget the ceiling

I like the idea of my kids having something to look at when they are lying in bed. They had mobiles on their cots when they were tiny but I had to take them when I found my daughter using her newly found skill of sitting up to tug on one of the hanging toys. That could only end in disaster.

This is what I came up with...

I have a thing for stars so it was the obvious choice. I used coordinating material for each hanging, with the stars being slightly different shapes. To add something extra to look at (and some bling!), I put three clear beads on the ribbon between each star.

It seems to be a done thing that we hang, stick and hammer things onto bedroom walls for children to look at. When thinking about your baby's room or when buying a present for someone.... don't forget the ceiling!

2 comments:

Mark Fitzgerald said...

You made me look up. Those cobwebs on my ceiling will need dusting. Stars would be much nicer!

Nikki said...

I have just the fabric to make stars for you! It's off an old couch that I am recovering... but I think it would be perfect for you. Leave it with me.... xxx