As I mentioned in my last post, I made some fabric letters for my friend's daughters for their birthday. They are to go on the end of their cots using sticky-backed velcro.
I experimented a lot to get the finished product. Because the letters were just 7cm tall, they were very tricky to sew then turn because I had to be delicate so the 1/4" hem didn't fray and make holes (lesson learnt from experience!). I started by sewing pellon into the seams but this made some letters (the Es and Z) near impossible to turn. I was thinking I wanted them flatter rather than puffy which is why I used pellon.
So then I ironed stiff interfacing onto the letters, which while still tricky to turn (I never want to see a skewer stick again!) , made it easier than using pellon. I then stuffed them with wadding and hand sewed them closed. I was worried they still didn't "sit" right but forgot how magic a good ironing can be!