Thursday, April 30, 2009

Something for me - Part 1

Yesterday I met my friend Totem for coffee and when I arrived, was presented with a smile and a gift bag. A few minutes later, coffee arrived and this was what sat in front on me.


A fresh, sweet smelling coffee (made by someone else = always better) and a present wrapped in tissue paper and wool. Almost too good to unwrap.... almost!

Inside was a neckwarmer she had made me for me. It is gorgeous... thick, heavy and warm, and I felt very glamorous when I put it on. Handmade gifts are always special and knowing that Totem's free time is minimal and precious at the moment, I felt extra special that she had knitted this for me.


But there was more! Also in the gift bag was this mug. Not only had she given me something to make me feel good on the outside, but something to make me feel good on the inside.


Gifts for special occasions are great. But gifts "just because" are better.

5 comments:

Sandra @ Pepperberry & Co. said...

Aw, lovely!! That neck warmer is going to come in very handy in this ridiculous weather...

Anonymous said...

wow you and your friends are sooo lovely to each other, it's wonderful. Gorgeous gifts!!

truj said...

Well deserved - I recon you are a SUPER MUM too!!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

It is wonderful to have such lovely friends. The neck warmer looks so cosy!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Oh, gifts just because are my favourite kind. How lovely.